When Noe Castro was 14, his parents split up, and he was floundering at Burbank High School in San Antonio. His mother’s health was poor, so Noe worked at a gas station until 2 a. m. to help support his family. Then, his grandmother died, adding more stress. Noe rarely paid attention in class and was failing several courses. With help from Burbank faculty Read more »
Can ‘early warning systems’ keep children from dropping out of school?
Washington Post, June 21, 2016
Diplomas Now i3 Project: Early Monitoring Protects At-Risk Students
Education Week, June 21, 2016
Not Good Enough on Graduation
U.S. News & World Report, May 9, 2016
- New Study: Diplomas Now Increases Percentage of Students without Early-Warning Signs, Boosting Odds of High School Graduation in Nation’s Most Challenged Urban Schools
- New Study: Diplomas Now Increases Percentage of Students without Early-Warning Signs
- Boston NBC Affiliate Features Success of The English High School
- Diplomas Now Partner School Surpasses District & State Graduation Rates
- Best of Diplomas Now Nominations Now Open!